Another Episode in the Travels of a Senior Citizen Golden Retriever and his Errant Humans

Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 9- Bishop, CA

As reported yesterday, today was set aside for cleaning and rig maintenance functions, so we had no excursions, no adventures, no real excitement.  Except for my morning walk!  Don took me back to the Bishop City Park, and just turned me loose to literally follow my nose, and I certainly did that.  We wandered all over the park, which is really big and full of nice features, not to mention ducks and gulls.  At one point, I made like a sheepdog and herded a whole flock of ducks into the pond, while they quacked at me with annoyance.  I found several good places for rolling, and was energized to run like the wind (well, maybe like a breeze) on several occasions.  It really is a lovely place, and I'd like to take it home with me, but Don says it won't fit on the coach.

Back at the rig, Geri was working on vacuuming the carpet and the furniture, while Don started cleaning the bug collection off the front of the coach.  While he was working, he was visited by the owner of the coach down a few sites from us, a new Winnebago Journey, very pretty.  Don told me that they talked about fuel mileage (a dismal subject), maintenance problems, and a bunch of other stuff.  When Don told him about our daily record of happenings on our trips by means of an on-line blog prepared by the resident Dog, the guy seemed inclined to break off the conversation and wander back to his rig.  That's OK, he should read it and become a believer.

In the afternoon, Geri and Don went out shopping again, and came home with a new vacuum cleaner and a bag from a meat market downtown that smelled really good.  It turned out to be some ham steaks, one of which was cooked up for dinner along with some yams.  I love it when they have yams, 'cause I get some of the skins off them, in addition to some ham.  Good plates!

No pics today, cleaning the rig isn't really very photogenic.  Tomorrow we hike up the road a few miles to Mono Lake, a whole different environment.  I'm sure we're going to have some adventures there that will be worthy of a full report, with photos!  See ya then!

1 comment:

  1. Rusty says "Hi"....and the blackberries are history. Miss you guys.....

    Deb

    ReplyDelete