Another Episode in the Travels of a Senior Citizen Golden Retriever and his Errant Humans

Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 16- Las Vegas, NV

 I have to admit that I was a bit lacking in energy this morning as a result of all the excitement yesterday. Don took me in the truck over to the park that we usually go to when we're here, and I managed to make the entire circuit, but not with a lot of enthusiasm. I did get some good rolls in, though. We had lunch shortly after we returned, and I crashed for a good snooze.

 My fellow travelers decided that today was a good day to get some of their necessary errands accomplished, so they took off for a good part of the afternoon. When they returned, I learned that they had been to see the people at Verizon about Don's computer modem, where they were told that the dumb thing had never been activated by Verizon when Geri had requested it. Her guess is that they activated the old modem, the one the new one replaced. So, now Don is wallowing in internet access, with a new computer to boot!

Don took the opportunity to continue his search for new windshield wiper blades for the coach, making phone calls to every RV parts store in Vegas.  He finally struck pay dirt at Camping World, where Geri had told him he should call first.  He galloped off in the truck, returning proudly with a new set of wiper blades, plus a clean truck, fresh out of the car wash.  He happily went to work installing the new blades; I think it makes him feel good to be doing something positive for the rig.

When it came time for dinner, the leftovers came trotting out of the refrigerator for Geri to warm up, creating very little for me in the way of plates.  Some days are better, some worse.  After dinner, Geri took me out for a walk around the Resort, which was quite pleasant.  As we returned to the coach, we saw that the newly arrived ForeTravel across the street carried a cargo of two very handsome young Goldies, who the lady of the coach was attempting to take for a walk.  But once they laid eyes on me, there was nothing she could do to prevent them from meeting and greeting me, towing her behind them!  They were very friendly young fellows, four years old, big, strong boys.  We happily exchanged identity information, with a great deal of tail wagging.  Geri and the lady talked for awhile, and the boys and I admired each others canine perfection.  They left to continue their walk, and I was given my treat ball to work on in the grass across from our site.  Don joined us as a gentleman in a golf cart with a white canine fur ball riding with him rolled up and engaged them in conversation.  I recognized him as a guy we had met last year when we were here, when we were out in the doggy area in front, fighting off the Mad Mocker.  He's one of the original site owners here, and very active in the management of the Resort, now that the site owners own the place.  They enjoyed their conversation with him, and were interested to learn that he evacuates the place during the summer months, escaping to places like Wyoming, Montana, Washington, and even Ventura!

Though they were originally thinking of doing another money machine tour tonight, Geri and Don opted for a quiet evening at home, and I'm glad they did.  I kinda miss them when they're out and around, particularly when I'm having trouble sleeping.  Which I'm really not tonight.  Snoooze...  G'nite, all!


No comments:

Post a Comment