Another Episode in the Travels of a Senior Citizen Golden Retriever and his Errant Humans

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 15- Las Vegas, NV Oh, what a lazy morning! We all got up a little late, sat/laid around watching TV and browsing the internet, until almost ten o'clock! Don took me for a short walk out through the gate to the big, grassy doggy area, where I got to do some rolling. We noticed that the big bush where the mad mocker lived last year had been severely cut back, making it unsuitable as a mocker residence. That's OK with us. When we got back to the coach, Don started rigging out the awnings so that we'd have a shady area on the side. He got out some chairs and rearranged the furniture that was on the pad. It was looking pretty nice for them, but it sure wasn't growing any grass for me. Don started working on cleaning up the front of the rig, which had gotten pretty buggy, while Geri went shopping for some stuff. After lunch, Geri went to get her paws worked on, and Don went back to getting the new computer set up the way he wanted. What a fascinating day! Did someone say that this is the entertainment capitol of the world? In the late afternoon, things started to change for the better. Granddaughter Genevieve showed up, who I was very pleased to see, 'cause she is always really nice to me. A little later, Grandson Matthew and Brittany, with kids Matt and Kiera, arrived to visit, and the fun was really on! The little kids were really happy to see me again, and they were a lot of fun to play with. After awhile, they all went out to have dinner someplace, and I had a chance to nap and regain a little strength. When they returned, the fun began again, with a lot of people, including Matthew, stealing my treat ball and throwing it to make me chase it and return it, then wresting it from me again to make me do another run. Never have I worked so hard for a treat. But it was great fun, and even little Kiera took part in it, though she didn't throw it really far. So it turned out to be a really fun day, with lots of nice people and kids to play with; my kind of day! Hope yours was as good! Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment