Another Episode in the Travels of a Senior Citizen Golden Retriever and his Errant Humans

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 1- Acton, CA

Your intrepid canine traveller/blogger is back on the road again!  I hope you'll forgive the lack of a header photo for the blog, but Don didn't want to post an older pic of your correspondent.  He wants to get a good shot of me in my latest coat configuration, known as a "Puppy Cut"!  I must say, it does make me look years younger, and it's perfect for the warmer weather we'll be getting into. 

We departed Ventura around noon today, after a spirited morning of loading the rig with all the last minute stuff that we need.  I tried to keep a low profile, as I don't really like hauling stuff up the stairs.  But when I saw that everything was aboard, and Don was getting the coach ready to leave, I bounded up the steps and jumped up on my couch just in time to ride the slide back in.  We hooked up the truck and headed up Highway 126, one of our major escape routes when we hit the road.  It didn't take too long for us to arrive at the Californian RV Resort in Acton, a place we have gone through many times but never stopped in.  Don says there is some interesting stuff to see here, so we'll spend a day or two. 

Naturally, our first effort had to be a visit to a supermarket in Palmdale to pick up some food that we had neglected to pack from home, but that didn't take long.  Back in the rig, we warmed up some leftover split pea soup for dinner.  We all agreed that it was even better the second time around!  Eat your heart out, Andersen's! 

Anyway, it's good to be back in the rig and on the road.  We always have a good time and some great adventures when we're cruising around, and I'll be sure to keep you up to date on them!  So, till tomorrow, g'nite, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment