Another Episode in the Travels of a Senior Citizen Golden Retriever and his Errant Humans

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 19- Las Vegas

There's something about this town that shifts my guys into low gear as far as getting up in the morning; it even carries over to me!  I was sleeping in the living room this morning, and I heard Don start moving around about seven or so.  He got his OJ, started the coffee, cranked up the computer, and started his morning review of the news.  I didn't move a muscle.  Maybe forty-five minutes later, Geri arose, got her coffee, and sat on the couch.  I heard some comments about me, including some conversation about the possible need for summoning the doggie coroner.  Don finally decided to test my grasp on life by throwing the phony paper out the door, to see if I'd fetch it.  Well, that worked pretty well.  I was on my feet and down the stairs, though a bit slowly, still half asleep.  Geri graciously received the paper, Don gave me my payday treat, and I felt like I was coming back to life.  Breakfast did the trick, and I was ready to live again.

Don got dressed and put me in the truck for our ride down to the park and a very pleasant walk, including a meeting with the lovely lady Bassett we met yesterday and her charming human, who lavished lots of praise on me.  Don forgot to take a picture of them, but he swears he will do it tomorrow if we meet them.  When we got back to the rig, it was almost lunch time, so Don fed me my lunch meat and carrots, making me a very happy camper.  After they had their lunch, there was an extended quiet time; I snoozed, Geri snoozed, and Don browsed the computer.

Around mid-afternoon, they abruptly headed for the truck and left, with hardly a goodbye.  They were gone until my dinner time, when they showed up and promptly took care of my needs.  Geri took me out to do my treat ball, and, while I was busy working on it, the two Goldie Boys from the ForeTravel across the way came bounding out.  Their Mom was in full control of them, though, and told them "No Barking!", and they must have known she meant it. While I was working on the ball, Geri told me that they had met Genevieve at The Cosmopolitan Hotel, where she works, and she gave them a tour of the hotel and the public areas.  She said that it was very spectacular, and that they had a very pleasant dinner in one of the restaurants.  Don even found the time to drop a few bucks into one of their machines.

After our walk, a quiet evening of TV, blogging, and napping, it was beddy-bye time, fairly early.  Maybe we'll be rising at a decent hour tomorrow.  Hope you had a good day!

Restaurant Structure (?) at Cosmopolitan

View down the Strip

Around the pool

One of the Cosmopolitan bars

No comments:

Post a Comment